Monday, January 07, 2008

A soon to be familiar sight....


Tomorrow Eric turns 16.
SIXTEEN!
He'll be driving. Wow.
Just another thing to add to the "I can't believe I am old enough to ......." list. Have a kid old enough to drive. Yikes.
But on the other hand, I am proud of Eric and the responsibility he has shown in learning to drive. He takes it seriously. He wants to be safe. His friend B is a great driver of 6 months now, and has been a great role model.
This boy impresses me. I not only love him as my own, my firstborn, but I LIKE him. I would choose to spend time with him. He's funny, witty, caring, mature, empathetic, smart....just a great kid young man.
So raise a glass, sing out loud, whatever you choose, to wish Eric a Happy Sixteen tomorrow!
(BTW, he shares his birthday with Elvis. That's cool.)
Now blogging from the passenger seat.....

No comments: