Monday, February 12, 2007

Back in the saddle again....

Ah, I am finally on the mend! The coughing has subsided, so I am trying to catch up from being out of commission for a week. Dang the house can get dirty! Did a giant trip to Target today...success! I took an inventory of the meats I had in the freezer, wrote up meals for each, and came up with a shopping list for those meals and the necessities of every month. And shoot, with coupons galore I was able to save $11.90! I was pumped. Can you believe that? And I didn't use to clip coupons.

The Grammy awards last night got us in a music mood again. The Police opening the show was fantastic...love those guys. Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts did a great tribute to the Eagles. Happy to see the Dixie Chicks win awards (sorry Jackie! not really, though), I just love their sassiness. And the songwriting of theirs is good too. I don't have a good memory anymore, but thanks to the movie Jezebel, I do remember that it was Voltaire who famously said, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". (great flick, and I love Bette Davis as the spoiled southern belle Julie). And can I just say that Blades of Glory, the newest Will Ferrell movie, looks so, so funny? It reminds me of the bit from SNL, years ago, about the brothers who are syncronized swimmers, and have Christopher Guest as their 'over the top' coach, with Martin Short as the brother who can't swim. Dang funny. Click and enjoy a good laugh.




Hoping to get caught up today, so I am off to clean some more. Later dudes...

No comments: