Friday, February 16, 2007

FPU rocks!

We've been doing the Dave Ramsey thing since this past fall. We took Financial Peace University at Hill Country Bible Church, and have been rocking the bills. It's awesome. We've been on cash only since September...no credit cards anymore! I got an email from Joe today that we hit another milestone in our plan, and we are so very psyched! We've set another timeline goal, and it's an aggresive one. Give Dave a listen online, or get his book. Even better, take FPU or see him in person! Like he says, Live like no one else, so later you can live like no one else.

On the knitting front, I picked up the new Interweave Knits Spring 2007. Check out those patterns! Too many that I like. Which? Well, the Green Tea Raglan, the Dollar and a Half Cardigan, the Cable-Down Raglan (check out the shaping with the cables!), and the Ruffled Surplice. Just gorgeous. So now to calculate which gets to be made first, by checking out yarn prices on the recommended weights. Might have to make my first order via KnitPicks (they have great prices on yarns).

Also, I have reached critical mass!! Or maybe the lack thereof....like a black hole. I am currently on the toe decrease of sock #1....on the last skein of sock yarn in the hizzouse! Quite scary. I have no sock yarn stash! I do have a WIP (work in progress) that I can work on...and I really need to get it done. It's the unravelled yarn from two, yes TWO, attempts at a sweater from....cough cough.....a long time ago. It's current incarnation is a vest, from Knitty. But still....to have no stash. I'm nearly frightened enough to put off the completion of the socks, so that I don't end up without something to carry around! I seem to have a sock going with me wherever I go now, and I like it.

We'll be busy this weekend with a Faith Alive event at church. I'm looking forward to it; it's been 10 years since our last one, and it was amazing then. Anticipating a great weekend. So I may not be 'seeing' you for a bit....take care!

2 comments:

Jackietex said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm very happy and proud of you two.

DEBTective said...

Way to go, dollface! That's a big-time reason to smile; deep-sixing your debt and getting on board with Dave Ramsey's plan. I'm proud of you and thanks for spreading the debt-free word. Keep going and good luck. Here's looking at you, kid. www.debtective.com