Monday, February 19, 2007

But they were burning a hole in my purse....

see, I get the ad for Michaels early. When there will be an ad in the Sunday paper, I get the ad in my Wednesday junk mail the week prior. And then I also get it in the Sunday paper. It's nice to know what will be on sale, you know....for planning purposes. Planning is good. Very good.

Today is Presidents' Day, and although the kiddos still have school, Michaels finds it in their corporate hearts to have sales on holidays. The ad contained one coupon valid Sunday and Monday only for 50% off any one item, as well as a 40% off coupon valid the rest of the week. So I had TWO coupons for 50% off, that are, no were, in my purse.

Scrapbook Crossing honors Michaels coupons on Mondays only.

What's a girl to do? Head out to the store! After all, I have two scrapbooking retreats coming up, so I can at least stock up on adhesive refills at 50% off. I like the Hermafix dotto repositionable. And the Xyron Cheetah.

Since I plan on completing a 6x6 album for both Alex and Grace, I picked up the albums themselves (using one of the coupons. They only let you use one per person. feh.). And a few little things I knew I'd use. Then I stopped by Michaels (hey, I still had that other 50% off coupon, and at least there's adhesive, right?). I ended up getting a few little things, yes including the dotto refill and some word stickers for pages a la Ali Edwards....and got the Fiskars craft drill. Hey, it was a FIFTY PERCENT OFF coupon, people! Can't beat that with a stick. And now I can drill through the chipboard I have for mini albums.

And get this: I still have the 2 40% off coupons for Michaels for the rest of the week, 2 40% off coupons for Hobby Lobby (one from the paper and one from the website), and a 30% off coupon for Scrapbook Crossing! Appears I'll be having another field trip this week, over to the Hobby Lobby on Lamar.

Sigh. Such work, this saving money.

Can I get credit for the 4 of 5 laudry loads I have done, the clean carpet I have, and the dinner planned already? Please? Thanks.

No comments: